SUMMER 2017 PROGRAMS
Check back often for updates on summer programs for 2017.
CARNEGIE MELLON in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is offering Summer Pre-College Programs July 1 – August 11, 2017. Programs offered are:
- Advanced Placement/Early Admission
- Fine Arts: Architecture, Art & Design, Drama, Music
- National High School Game Academy
For more information go to admission.enrollment.cmu.edu/pages/pre-college.
CORNELL UNIVERSITY in Ithaca, New York, is offering summer programs for high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Cornell offers 2-, 3-, and 6-week programs in the following:
- Business and Leadership
- College Success
- Debate and Literature
- Design and Fashion
- Engineering and Robotics
- Government and History
- Hotel Management
- International Relations
- Medicine and Psychology
- Research and Science
- Social Change and Sustainability
- Veterinary Medicine
You can earn 3 to 6 credits in courses with Cornell faculty. To apply and learn more, go to
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
is offering precollege summer programs for high school rising junior and senior students. Precollege offers high school students the opportunity to experience NYU by spending six weeks living and learning in New York City. The summer 2017 program runs from July 2-August 13, 2017. If you want to:
- Earn college credit,
- Explore a career in science, technology, engineering, or math,
- Produce your own multimedia stories,
- Develop your artistic skills and train with experts,
- Try out different subjects,
- Become an expert at the college admissions process.
Each NYU high school program has different requirements. To see full details and check out other opportunities available in subjects like design, journalism, and technology, visit
. Apply for scholarships by April 1, 2017, at
STEPHEN F. AUSTIN STATE UNIVERSITY
invites you to apply to Texas' only High School Pre-Law Experience June 4-11, 2017. The program is designed for high school juniors and seniors. Students are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. In a week's time, you will:
- Learn about the legal sysem from the state's top judges and attorneys
- Explore legal issues with SFA faculty from a variety of disciplines
- Investigate a crime scene
- Participate in a mock trial competition
- Meet law school admissions officer
- Learn to brief law cases
- Discuss undergraduate preparation
For cost and more information, please visit
or call (936) 468-2385.
UNIVERSITY OF DALLAS
is offering the following high school Summer Programs and you can earn three hours of college credit:
- Arete: An Introduction to the Classics - July 9-22, 2017: This program engages the questions of excellence and the noble life. Essential tests of Western civilization, including those of Plato, Sophocles and Shakespeare, are explored, broadening student’s perspectives of how ancient ideas continue to shape and inform contemporary thought. $1,625.
- Arete: American Studies - July 9-22, 2017: This program explores the texts and ideas that have contributed to the formation of the American mind and character. Through a study of literature, history and politics, students will reflect on timeless American themes such as justice, liberty, equality and happiness. $1,625.
- Shakespeare in Italy - July 8-July 28, 2017 - This 18-day program focuses on Shakespeare and the place that inspired him the most, Italy. You will study some of Shakespeare's most compelling works including Julius Caesar and The Merchant of Venice. Additionally, you will tour Rome most mornings with faculty guides and take a trip to Venice and Padua. Unlike most study programs, your classroom is Rome, as well as the other cities and sites you visit. The program helps students prepare for college through small group discussions and writing tutorials; students emerge sharper readers and more polished writers. $2,999 plus airfare.
- Latin in Rome - July 8-31, 2017 - Inspired scholars of Latin will find their place in Latin in Rome, a college-level Latin course, where unlike most study abroad programs, your classroom is Rome. An extended trip to the Bay of Naples is also included. Readings will support our study of three important epochs of Roman history and will inspire tutorial sessions in which grammar becomes a map to a familiar place and vocabulary a newly discovered old friend. $4,250 plus airfare.
- Rome & the Catholic Church – July 8-28, 2017 – Rome and the Catholic Church anchors study in the lives of the saints who have made Rome the center of the world for 2,000 years. At the very heart of the Catholic Church, students immerse themselves in the stories and lessons of the church fathers, doctors and saints to understand the confluence of history, theology and spirituality; visit churches, catacombs and museums; and take short trips to Assisi and Ravenna. $2,999 plus airfare.
For more information about UD's Summer Rome Programs go to
. Apply early to reserve your spot and to receive a tuition discount. Students who complete all components of the application process by their respective application deadlines will receive a 5 percent discount off the program fees. To apply to the high school program, go to
Washington University in St. Louis
is offering Summer Experiences for middle and high school students. For more information visit